Why is this a cool tour?
During the tour, you will experience life as a Quiteño.
Take part in the timeless tradition of Afternoon Coffee (El Cafe de la Tarde) in Quito. Explore the Historic Center in search of hard-to-find local shops. Taste authentic Ecuadorian and Quiteño cuisine. You will have a great in-the-know guide who will take you on a foodie adventure along the narrow and busy streets of Old Town. Your friendly guide will entertain you with great stories about the food you taste and the shops you visit.
– Afternoon food walking tour in Quito’s Historic Center
– Visit hard-to-find shops: a coffee roaster, a chocolatier, a yesteryear cafeteria for tasting local treats.
– Make coffee the local way with a “chuspa” or cheesecloth filter.
– Entice your palate with local treats, great coffee, delicious chocolate, and plenty more culinary delights during your empanada cooking class experience!
Trip Itinerary – we start the tour at 2 pm
Highly recommended experience!
CHECK OUT SOME PICS…
Know before you go
Duration: 4h 30m
• Walking tour of Old Town searching for the best coffee roaster and sampling local snacks.
• Premium Chocolate Experience with free chocolate bar
• Cooking Class – Humitas, Quimbolitas and Empanadas
• Apron for cooking
• Coffee brewing class – learn how to make coffee with a chuspa
• Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Urban Quito
•Pick-up at the airport or close to the airport ($45 roundtrip)
• Extra food and drinks not mentioned on itinerary
• Tips for the chef/guide
$85 USD p.p.
Fully Refundable up to 48 hours prior to the tour.
Meeting Point Details
Location: Andres will meet you at your hotel in urban Quito.
If you are staying in the Historic Center, Andres the owner will drop by your hotel and escort you to the starting point which is the entrance to the Central Market. If your hotel is outside the Historic Center in urban Quito, Andres will pick you up.
Travel safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
– Regular temperature checks for staff
-Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
-Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival