Family-friendly Amazon Ecolodge
The Yarina Eco Lodge is a family-friendly Amazon Ecolodge located in an area of forest that boasts the highest diversity of micro-habitats in the Napo area. This means that there are more species of animals, birds, reptiles, and insects than anywhere else on the Napo river or in the surroundings.
The Yarina Eco Lodge is located on the Napo river only 60 minutes by covered motorized canoe from Puerto Francisco de Orellana (EL COCA).
Conservation and Background
Yarina Eco Lodge is a member of the Yuturi Conservation Group, an organization involved in many rainforest conservation projects that are supported by national and international organizations.
Yarina Eco Lodge started 10 years ago as a program to teach the importance of conserving wildlife and our environment with the local community. However, year by year, the lodge kept growing, changing, and developing new important ways of working with the locals. Today, the lodge is considered one of the most important and best rescue centers of wildlife in the Ecuadorian Amazon.
The Yarina Ecolodge offers a chance to spot plenty of wildlife.
A shortlist of possible observations includes; Howler, Squirrel, Capuchin, and night monkeys along with the Black-mantled Tamarin, Guatusa, Hoatzin prehistoric bird, and the black caiman.
Connoisseur Amazon Tip:
The Yarina Lodge is truly an amazing Amazon lodge. I have visited this lodge with my family before and I can attest that its a perfect family-friendly Amazon lodge option. It’s great because it’s located close to Coca so you arrive early and can depart the lodge late. Check out my Yarina Ecolodge adventure here.
Yarina Ecolodge Accommodation
Accomodation and facilities :
- 20 multiple huts (single, double, triple and quadruple accommodation)
- Each hut with private bathrooms and showers.
- All huts are built with local materials of the zone.
- Water is provided 24 hours in the bathrooms and showers.
- Electricity is provided from 6 pm till 10 pm (110 V.)
- Each hut has a bed (all beds with mosquito nets), a closet, hammock, and a lamp.
- Each bathroom is equipped with a sink, shower, toilet, toilet paper, soap, and towel.
Social Areas and Service
- The restaurant, bar, and lounge area are located in the main building
- The kitchen staff offers a wide variety of healthy food.
- Vegetarian options are available
- You will have access to a safe box at the front desk
Yarina Ecolodge Information
Yarina Ecolodge Activities:
- Piranha fishing;
- Night excursions
- Blow gun’s practice
- Shamanic experience
- Excursions in the forest
- Nocturnal navigation looking for caimans
- Paddle canoe cruises around the lagoon
- Excursions by paddle canoe around the river
- Cultural activities visiting an indigenous Quichua’s family
- and so much more …
Yarina Lodge – 5 days/4 nightsYou can choose to stay at the Yarina Lodge for 3,4 or 5 nights.
Day 1: Coca-Sapococha Lagoon and Socali Path:
Departure from Quito to Coca on a 30-minute flight or an overnight bus departing the night before. After landing or arriving you will go to the meeting point at the Coca docks. Then you will embark on a motorboat to start a ride-along Manduro river until Sapococha Lagoon. Arrive at the lodge and have lunch. In the early afternoon, visit the Socali path which features diverse jungle ecosystems, and then the Sapococha lagoon to view the wonderful flora and fauna. Return to the lodge for dinner and rest.
Day 2: Capibara Path
Early in the morning and after breakfast, you will visit the Capibara path, which is an adventure trail with many swamps. You will see various species of palm trees native to this ecosystem. Return to the lodge to have lunch. Late in the afternoon, the local guides will teach you how to use the blowpipe. After this activity, you will take a small canoe to learn piranha fishing. Dinner and rest.
Day 3: Dos Ramas Trail and Toucan trail
After breakfast, you will take a canoe to paddle upriver until the trail “Dos Ramas”. Here you can do a short trek to learn about medicinal plants and various species of fauna that can be found there. Return to the lodge and have a delicious lunch. In the early afternoon, you will take the Toucan Trail to one of the tallest birdwatching towers of the Ecuadorian jungle, where you have the opportunity to see various species of birds in the forest canopy. Return to the lodge to have dinner and rest.
Day 4: Kichwas del Oriente Community:
Early wakeup call and breakfast. Take a motorboat to visit an indigenous Kichwa family, where you will learn about their traditions and customs. Return to the lodge for lunch. During the late afternoon, walk through “Guatusos Trail” where you will learn about local uses for some forest plants, and can see various species of plants and insects. Dinner and rest.
Day 5: Departure from Lodge:
After breakfast, check-out from the lodge to begin your return to El Coca, to take your flight or bus back to Quito.
- Programmed excursions
- Pure water for drinking
- Native guide
- English speaking guide
- Three meals per day during the tour
- Rubber boots up to size 43
Rates do not include:
- Bar bills
- Tips for the staff
- National Park Fees
- Personal jungle equipment
- Rubber boots (size 44 upwards)
- Transportation from and back to Quito
- 30% discount for children under 12 years of age
- 50% single accommodation surcharge
Access to Lodge
- The Yarina Lodge tour begins and finishes in the town of Coca, Orellana.
- The public bus from Quito typically takes around 8 hours when leaving at night through the Baeza route. Most clients take the night-bus at 9 pm the day before their trip. The fare each way is $8-10 USD.
- Alternatively, there is a direct flight from Quito to Coca for approximately $285 roundtrip flight – we can help with your flight reservation or provide information on which bus to catch.
Yarina Lodge Packing List
- Comfortable and lightweight clothes
- Long pants
- Cotton shorts
- Long-sleeved T-shirts
- Rain gear
- Insect repellent
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Reading material
- Digital camera, vintage camera or cellphone for your wonderful pics
- Notepad or sketchbook for diary keeping or sketching
- A great attitude to enjoy this amazing place!