Budget Galapagos Yacht
The Golondrina Yacht is a spacious and comfortable Galapagos budget yacht. This owner-operated yacht accommodates 16 passengers in cozy double and single cabins. All cabins are nicely decorated and equipped with everything necessary to provide guests a relaxing and informative cruise along the Galapagos Islands.
What does the Golondrina Budget Galapagos yacht entail?
- All meals included
- Certified bilingual guide
- Comfortable accommodation
- Social areas to enjoy the Galapagos landscapes
Accommodation aboard the Golondrina
The Golondrina budget Galapagos yacht accommodations have been equipped to provide guests with maximum comfort in their Galapagos adventure. The cruise has Air Conditioning system and a private bathroom with hot and cold water, shower, sink and dressing table. The gastronomy onboard alone is a unique experience.
Golondrina has full snorkeling equipment and wetsuits available for rent, so you can enjoy the incredible underwater experiences.
Our guests are our priority, which is why we strive to make your experience magical while you visit the Galapagos islands in the Ecuadorian territory.
Golondrina Itineraries explained
Golondrina offers 5 itineraries to choose from for your Galapagos vacation.
8-Day C Itinerary
The 8-Day C itinerary of the Golondrina is pretty cool. It’s a unique itinerary because it is a week-long itinerary heading to the Southeastern islands of Floreana and Española. The itinerary cannot be split into shorter 4 and 5-day itineraries as usually happens in Galapagos cruises.
It visits the Southeastern islands of Floreana and Española in style. You will get a chance to snorkel at the Devil´s crown which is hands-down the best snorkeling in the Galapagos Islands!
On top of this you will head north to Genovesa Island, aka ¨bird island¨, where you will be able to spot tons of birdlife and enjoy great snorkeling. Bartholomew island is also included where you can take the quintessential Galapagos pic with Pinnacle Rock in the background.
San Cristobal island will provide great visitor sites including Kicker Rock where you get another chance at some prime snorkeling.
8-Day D Itinerary
The 8-Day D Itinerary goes west to Isabela and Fernandina and makes stops at the central islands of Santa Cruz and Rabida as well. The itinerary is a bit lackluster because the boat has to return to Santa Cruz to pick up passengers in the midst of their western islands itinerary. If you take the week-long itinerary you will lose time sailing and going back and forth to embark more passengers.
4-Day A Itinerary
This shorter version of the D itinerary will take you to Isabela Island. The itinerary itself can easily be done on land. Travelers can take a speedboat from Santa Cruz to Isabela and overnight at a nice hotel there.
5-Day B Itinerary
The 5-Day B itinerary will do the better part of the D itinerary in Isabela and Fernandina islands. You will visit sites not accessible from land or on day tours. This is a strange but interesting itinerary for those travelers who don’t have enough time to visit the western islands and would like to do so in five days.
5-Day H Itinerary
The H in the H itinerary stands for Hotel. The reason for this is that you will arrive in Santa Cruz, will visit Tortuga Bay, and will overnight at a comfortable hotel in Puerto Ayora waiting to board the Golondrina the next day.
I would not hesitate and recommend the week-long C itinerary which visits amazing Galapagos highlights, you get to snorkel at the best sites in the archipelago and you get an uninterrupted Galapagos experience. Highly recommended!
Golondrina, rates, inclusions, exclusions, important info, and specs
Golondrina 2020 Rates
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Naturalist bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- All excursions and visits detailed in the program (except for reasons of force majeure).
- Accommodation onboard and/or hotel of Puerto Ayora.
- Snacks after visits.
- Freshwater to drink, tea, coffee.
- Bus service between airport / Pier or airport / Itabaca channel and vice versa (it will be assumed only if passengers travel on our dates of operation)
Rates do not include:
- Air flight rate to/from Galapagos.
- INGALA transit card: USD $20
- Snorkeling gear (mask, tube, fins).
- Wet Suits.
- Extra drinks.
- Personal expenses. Tips.
- Galapagos National Park Fee (USD 100 per passenger).
- In case the national government orders the increase of fees, such as the mandatory collection of Value-Added Tax (VAT), rates may be adjusted.
- Supplement for SUPERIOR cabins: USD 100 net per person. Golondrina = main deck and upper deck with bunk beds.
- Guide in other languages USD 250 + VAT per day, please check availability.
- Single cabin supplement 80% over the rate.
- 10% discount will be applied for children from 0 to 5 years after checking availability and season.
- Supplement for special itinerary 10% on the rates.
Social areas aboard the Golondrina
The yacht has ample dining room and leisure areas, Living Room, TV, DVD, Bar, Music System, and Sundeck.