¨Cotopaxi´s shape is the most beautiful and regular of all colossal peaks in the high Andes. It is a perfect cone covered by a thick blanket of snow which shines so brilliantly at sunset that it seems detached from the azure of the sky¨Alexander Von Humboldt – 1802
The Cotopaxi National Park
The Cotopaxi National Park is a 32,000-hectare park, easily accessible (one hour and thirty minutes by car) from Quito on a day tour. The park itself is the second most visited national park in Ecuador after the Galapagos Islands.
The Cotopaxi Volcano is truly an amazing sight. Its perfect cone shape and ever-present glacier skirt allow it to be seen from many provinces but there is nothing like seeing its majesty up close. Cotopaxi is the highest active volcano in the world. It recently (back in 2015) became active and had small eruptions. Because of this the national park remained closed to visitors for about a year. It’s now fully open and if you would like to climb to the summit let us know and we can help with that.
Why is Cotopaxi cool?
The park itself has plenty to offer visitors.
You can visit the Limpiopungo Lake with its awe-inspiring paramo treks and fascinating wildlife including llamas, wild horses, fox, deer, the elusive spectacled bear, and Andean condor.
And you can hike up to the refuge and glacier and take in the beautiful landscapes from above.
**Other activities include biking down the mountain to the lake or horseback riding around the national park. If you would like to take part in such activities you can contact us and we can schedule a private tour of the Cotopaxi National Park.
How much is a private tour to the Cotopaxi National Park
What’s included in the tour?
- A friendly and knowledgeable bilingual guide
- Private transportation to Cotopaxi National Park
- Quito Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Entrance fees to Cotopaxi National Park
- Tour pack including water bottle and snacks
Rates Do Not Include
- Personal expenses
- Tips for the guide/driver
- Food and drinks at the Cotopaxi National Park
How can you sign up for this tour?
- Contact us via email: email@example.com
- Send us a Whatsapp message: +593978943569
- Give us a call:
- USA phone – (623) 565-9945
- Ecuador phone – 593 (2) 600-6968
- Or contact us using our contact form