Galapagos Legend Cruise Ship
The Galapagos Legend Cruise ship has a 100-guest capacity but is still small enough for a more intimate experience with friends and family. Enjoy in total comfort a wide selection of itineraries that cover the Archipelago, from 3, 4, 7, 10, and up to 14 nights cruising in complete style.
Comfortable, spacious and intimate
Also, enjoy a great variety of comfortable and spacious social areas without losing her sense of intimacy. Her fantastic open decks allow you to admire the island´s flora & fauna, enjoy a BBQ at night in total comfort while you stargaze from our Moon Deck, or enjoy some sunbathing at the pool and bar area. Legend is committed to bringing to life-enriching experiences according to guest’s demands while including added values and special activities.
What does a Boutique Galapagos Expedition cruise entail?
- All-inclusive Galapagos cruise experience
- Top-notch service
- Gourmet food
- Cruise manager on board who will make sure everything is perfect during your stay.
- Doctor on board to address any emergency
- Swimming pool and Jacuzzi on board
- Well-appointed Fitness Center and SPA
- Kayaks on board
- Drying machines available for complimentary use
- Glass bottom boat
- Expedition leader onboard
- Coffee station available 24 hours
- Alfresco BBQ dinner & breakfast
- Wi-Fi zones with internet service
Accommodation aboard Legend
The Galapagos Legend has 52 ocean view, air-conditioned cabins plus 3 interior ones, each cabin counts with lower beds and private facilities. Matrimonial, double, triple, or quadruple options are available. A new cabin configuration assures enjoyment for families and friends traveling together. Each cabin includes a hairdryer, special bedding, and new furniture. Internal, local, and international satellite telephone service is offered. Internet is accessible when anchoring in main islands. Voltage is set for 110-220 volts/60 Hz.
Balcony suites have private balconies and panoramic windows to immerse yourself in the vast landscape that you are about to witness and enjoy it privately. The Junior suites have three meters of panoramic windows to enjoy the Galapagos scenery.
Perfect for families
The Legend is perfect for families with its various cabin configuration. Families of 3 members are in luck because Junior Suites can be configured as triple cabins and if are a family of 4 members you can find quadruple options. Also, triple and quadruple accommodation comes with significant discounts.
Onboard the Galapagos Legend Boutique Cruise Ship you will enjoy:
- Beautiful spacious double staterooms and suites
- Panoramic ocean view windows to fully enjoy the Galapagos
- Private balconies in the balcony suites
- Spacious closets and safebox
- En suite remote-controlled air conditioner
- Bedside drawers with charging ports
- Writing desk
- Beautiful and spacious social areas
Legend Itineraries explained
Onboard the Galapagos Legend Cruise Ship, you will have four itineraries to choose from:
The 4-day A itinerary will take you up north to Genovesa Island. When you make a stop at Genovesa you will mingle with tons of birdlife, beautiful landscapes and go on great snorkeling adventures. Another highlight of this itinerary is the island of Santa Fe where you will be able to observe the Santa Fe iguana, a large land iguana endemic to this island.
On the 5-day B itinerary you will head to the sought after Western Islands of Isabela and Fernandina. This is a great itinerary and the only 5-day itinerary I´ve seen that visits the Western Islands. On top of all this you will be able to visit Santiago Island for more wildlife encounters and great snorkeling. Highly recommended!
The 4- day C itinerary visits Bartholomew island and some central Galapagos highlights including North Seymour and San Cristobal Island. In San Cristobal you will trek at Pitt Point where along the way you will be able to spot all three types of boobies. I know I did…
Finally the 5- day D itinerary takes you down south to Floreana and Española islands. This is a jam-packed and excellent itinerary.
Florena and Española are two of my favorite Galapagos Islands. You will have a chance to spot the magnificent Galapagos Albatross in Española as well as a sea lion ¨nursery¨as you land on the island.
In Floreana, you will have a chance to learn some Galapagos history. When you visit Post Office Bay you can take part in a tradition started by the whalers of yesteryear. In the afternoon you visit Cormorant point. Here you will encounter a green sand beach, spot pink flamingoes along the way, and end up at a white sand beach known as “Flour Beach”.
You will also be able to snorkel at the Devil´s Crown. Hands down the best snorkeling site in the Galapagos Islands!
It’s hard to decide which itinerary is best onboard the Galapagos Legend cruise ship. A 4-day itinerary might be too short to truly enjoy the Galapagos. I´ve been on 4-day itineraries and the last day I woke up wanting at least an extra day onboard. Many travelers combine a 4 and 5 day itinerary together to get an 8-day week long itinerary. This is a good idea but it might be too long onboard a boat.
My favorite itineraries are the 5-day B and D itineraries. Another great option is to take the D itinerary which takes you to Floreana and Española and then stay on the islands at a fancy hotel in Santa Cruz and Isabela Island.
Either way, you choose to cruise aboard the Galapagos Legend Cruise ship you will have an experience of a lifetime!
Galapagos Legend Itineraries
Galapagos Legend, rates, inclusions, exclusions, important info and specs
- Accommodation in a double cabin with all meals included.
- Unlimited purified water
- Snorkeling equipment
- Use of all ship amenities
- Guided visits to the islands
- Shared transfers for domestic flights - Hotel - airport - hotels (transfers leave from specified hotels).
Rates do not include:
- WETSUITS ( $ 25 USD Short cruise $50 USD Long cruise)
- Roundtrip tickets Quito/Guayaquil - Galapagos - Quito/Guayaquil $449 USD
- If tickets are not issued by the boat operator a $90 USD penalty will be charged per person.
- Fuel surcharge
- Ingala Transit Control card - $20 USD p.p. - can be prepaid with the boat operator
- Park Entrance Fee - $100 USD p,p, - payable in cash upon arrival to Galapagos
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips for the guide and crew
- Single Accommodation: 50% supplement (75% on holiday season).
- Triple accommodation: (one double bed plus sofa bed): 15% discount for the third adult with two full-fare paying guests.
- Children accommodation under 12 years old:
- Double: 15% discount sharing the cabin with one full-fare paying guest
- Triple accommodation (one double bed plus sofa bed): 40% discount per one child, sharing a cabin with two full-fare paying guests. 25% discount per child up to two children, sharing a cabin with one full-fare paying guest. On holiday season, only 15% discount applies for children sharing a cabin with one or two full-fare paying guests.
- Quadruple accommodation (one double bed, one twin bed, and a sofa bed): available for two adults plus two children under 12 years old. 40% discount per child sharing a cabin with two full-fare paying guests. On holiday season only a 15% discount applies.
- Three children plus one adult willing to share a cabin: 40% discount will be applied for two children, third child will pay in full.
Social Areas aboard the Legend
Onboard the Galapagos Legend Cruise ship you will have plenty of ammenities and things to do for the whole family to enjoy. Check out what each deck of this amazing Galapagos cruise ship has to offer:
- Lonesome George Restaurant
- Medical Station
- Kid´s Corner (tons of activities for the kids)
- Library (great place to catch up on your reading)
- Front Desk
- Fitness Center
- Dolphin Observation Deck
- 24 hour Coffee Station
- Charles Darwin Panorama Lounge Bar
- Science Corner
- Fisherman´s Bar
- Swimming Pool and Terrace
- Stargazing Area
- Al Fresco Restaurant
- Lifeboat dining area