Experience the Amazon at the Napo Wildlife Center
The lodge enjoys a privileged location. Its the only lodge of its class located inside the Yasuni National Park, arguably the most biodiverse region on planet Earth! The luxurious lodge stands at the edge of a pristine rainforest lagoon home to countless rainforest species such as the Caiman, River Otter, Hoatzin, Amazon turtles, piranhas, etc. The Napo Wildlife Center is designed for those who love nature and who want to have a close encounter with unique wildlife and take in the Amazon Rainforest’s breathtaking landscapes.
The main tower will blow your mind
The lodge´s call to fame is its main tower which is a living dream. Here you will find a truly magical place offering spacious and comfortable social areas; where you can take in the amazing landscape view, enjoy the observation platform, get informed at the meeting room, have unique cocktails at the bar, enjoy local and international cuisine at the beautiful restaurant, and purchase unique souvenirs at the boutique. All this in a tower made by the local indigenous community using ancestral building techniques and endemic materials.
Exclusive activities at Napo Wildlife Center
There are tons of great activities you can take part in when you visit the Napo Wildlife Center:
- Main Observation Tower at the lodge
- Canopy Observation Tower
- Yasuni Parrot Lick
- Forest Walks
- Creek Paddling
- Caiman Spotting
- Bird watching
- Night walks
- Interpretive Center
Social areas, restaurant, bar and main tower
Dream with eyes wide open! A central tower rises above it all to offer you magical panoramic views. This is only one of many observation platforms and common areas designed for guests’ recreational use.
Resting areas with comfortable seating options are made complete by splendid views of the surrounding landscape. The restaurant and bar are fully equipped to offer local and international cuisine as well as delicious and refreshing cocktails. A handmade souvenir from our boutique can be an emblem of your unforgettable vacation.
Gourmet meals in the midst of the Rainforest
The high-quality food service we offer is based on a combination of local and international cuisine. Our professional staff uses a colorful variety of exotic fruits and organic products.
Connoisseur Amazon Tip:
The Napo Wildlife Center is truly amazing. Nothing can prepare you for this once in a lifetime adventure. The cabins are exquisite, the lodge is magical, the lagoon is mesmerizing and the feeling of being in the middle of the most biodiverse area on Earth is out of this world.
I recently got a chance to visit the lodge and you can read all about my experience here.
With 12 ample and comfortable standard cabins and 8 suites, the lodge accommodates up to 50 people, distributed in suites, doubles and triple rooms. The fully equipped cabins feature electricity, security box, ceiling fan, hot water, private bathroom, and a balcony surrounded by beautifully groomed natural gardens.
- Cabins fully equipped with electricity
- Ceiling fans
- Hot water and private bathroom facilities
- Rainforest shower
- A beautiful balcony
- Glass floors in suites
- Hot tub in suites
Napo Wildlife Center Information
Napo Wildlife Center Activities
There are big chances for you to see a great variety of wildlife such as insects, birds, reptiles, and mammals. Some typical animals you may spot are; anacondas, spiders, giant armadillos, birds such as hoatzins, macaws, toucans, parakeets, parrots as well as monkeys, tapirs, ocelots, etc.
Canopy Observation Tower
Get a close-up view of the jungle and its diverse flora and fauna. This 36 meters observation tower was built next to a huge tree and it offers you the best view of the Amazon Rainforest. Observe flocks of colorful birds flying and the magnificence of the trees, flowers, and nature the Amazon Rainforest has to offer.
Explore the black waters of the Anangu Lake and the Napo River creeks on board of a motorized or paddle-canoe! In the river, creeks, and lakes of the Amazon Rainforest, you will find hundreds of different aquatic animals such as fish, caimans, turtles, piranhas, and giant otters.
Parrot Clay Licks
Are the most stunning nature encounter in the Amazon Rainforest. These are natural banks containing a great number of minerals that birds and different animals feed upon. This event starts early in the morning when hundreds of vibrantly colored birds visit the licks.
Learn about the Kichwa Anangu community traditions and culture of the Napo Wildlife Center hosts. Women of the community will welcome you with typical dances, rituals, handcrafts food and drinks.
More than 610 bird species can be found in the Yasuni National Park, giving you the best bird watching experience, and an unforgettable adventure in the most biodiverse place on earth.
Napo Wildlife Center - Itinerary
NOTICE: Additional Day(s): Optional excursions such as hikes through different trails and forest types. Canoe rides, exploring deeper areas of surrounding creeks with more wildlife possibilities, additional mammal clay lick excursion, handcraft workshops with the local community among other options are available.
- River transportation to Coca –Napo Wildlife Center-Coca
- Accommodation in Napo Wildlife Center
- All meals
- Entrance to Yasuni National Park and parrot clay licks
- Community and naturalist bilingual guide
- Impermeable poncho and rubber boots
- All excursions and activities like program detail
Rates do not include:
- 256 USD per person (subject to change): Air tickets
- Quito-Coca-Quito with assistance from the airport in
- Quito on (help with check-in and land transfers in Coca)
- Beverages, tips and other not specified requirements (laundry and internet)
- Always ask any questions that you might have and follow your guide’s instructions.
- Walk only on the marked paths, don’t try to wander by yourself, because you could get lost in the forest.
- Don’t throw any kind of garbage in the path; always use the garbage cans.
- Please don’t feed or touch any animal, don’t cut or step on the plants.
- Use headphones, when listening to music on your personal devices.
- Don’t use your camera flash.
- Hunting and fishing are not allowed.
- Taking videos and photos of the community homes is not allowed. (Ask for permission in advance to coordinate with our staff).
- All prices are per person, valid through 2019, and are quoted in US dollars.
- Children under 5, hotel free in the same parents room plus airfare to be paid.
- Children under 11 years and 11 months get a 30% discount on hotel prices in the same parent’s room and airfare.
- NWC recommend for families with children to take a private guide
- Please note that air rates are subject to change without previous notice.
- Departures are available any day of the week, except Sunday.
Additional Days:Optional excursions such as hikes through different trails and forest types. Canoe rides, exploring deeper areas of surrounding creeks with more wildlife possibilities, additional mammal clay lick excursion, handicraft workshop with the local community among other options are available.
Access to the Napo Wildlife Center
Departing from Quito, a 30-minute flight to Coca over the eastern Andes mountain range. After landing, about mid-morning, 5 min transfer will take you to “La Mision” Port, where you will embark onto a comfortable covered motor boat. Here you start a canoe ride along the Napo River for about 2 hours, box lunch, and coffee is provided en route.
- Binoculars for wildlife viewing 8×35 mm*
- Camera/video gear
- Zip Lock bags to cover optics or other gear
- Extra batteries/film/video tapes as appropriate.
- Two or three pairs of lightweight long pants.
- Two or three long-sleeved lightweight shirts.
- Two or three T-shirts.
- One or two pairs of shorts (mostly for around the lodge).
- Lightweight sweater or jacket.
- Raingear (if you prefer not to use the ponchos provided).
- Three or four pairs of long cotton socks
- One pair of sneakers and/or hiking boots.
- Sandals (Teva type or similar for around the lodge).
- A hat for sun protection (that will stay on during windy boat rides).
- A good pair of sunglasses
- Small day pack for excursions
- Insect repellent. No inflammable sprays as they are not allowed by the airline.
- Sunscreen with a high protection factor
- Flashlight or headlamp bright enough for use.
- Personal toiletries and medications (carry medications with you when arriving and leaving the lodge).
- Original passport (always good to have while traveling).
- Credit card for bar bills and cash (US$) for handicraft purchases.