Why is this a cool tour?
During the tour, you will experience life as a Quiteño.
• Explore the unique sights, smells, and tastes of one of the oldest and most traditional markets in Quito.
• Learn how to cook a local 3-course meal at a beautiful locale in Old Town Quito.
• Enjoy a delicious meal, great company, and, make new friends in Quito!
You will meet your local guide at the main entrance of the Central Market in Quito. He will first take you for a tour in the traditional Central Market and surroundings to hunt for fresh local products that you will use during your cooking class. Then you will head to the restaurant which is located inside a Colonial house in the heart of Old Town Quito. During this tour, you will experience life as a local and will learn how to make three traditional dishes with a gourmet twist, which you can replicate back home. Get ready for a packed day filled with incredible sights, tastes, and smells. And at the end of it all …. you will be able to enjoy the delicious meal you cooked.
Highly recommended experience!
CHECK OUT SOME PICS…
Know before you go
Duration: 4h 30m
Mobile tickets accepted
• Use of restaurant kitchen during the cooking class
• Tour of Central Market and surroundings
• Apron for cooking
• Local Fruit Juice
• Chefs Hat
•Transportation (taxi/Uber) to the meeting point from your hotel
• Extra food and drinks not mentioned on itinerary
• Tips for the chef/guide
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Meeting Point Details
Location: Mercado Central, Av Pichincha, Quito 170136, Ecuador
If you are staying in the Historic Center, Andres the owner will drop by your hotel and escort you to the starting point which is the entrance to the Central Market. If your hotel is outside the Historic Center, we will help you with directions to the starting point or schedule a pick-up for you.
Travel safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
– Regular temperature checks for staff
-Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
-Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival