Why is this a cool tour?
During the tour, you will experience life as a Quiteño.
• Explore the unique sights, smells, and tastes of one of the oldest and most traditional markets in Quito.
• Learn how to cook a local 3-course meal at a beautiful locale in Old Town Quito.
• Enjoy a delicious meal, great company, and, make new friends in Quito!
Trip Itinerary – we have 3 different start times…
Andres the owner, will pick you up at your hotel in Urban Quito. First, we will take a tour of the traditional Central Market and surroundings to hunt for fresh local products that you will use during your cooking class. Then we will head to the cooking class venue which is located inside a Colonial house in the heart of Old Town Quito. During this tour, you will experience life as a local and will learn how to make three traditional dishes with a gourmet twist, which you can replicate back home. Get ready for a packed day filled with incredible sights, tastes, and smells. And at the end of it all …. you will be able to enjoy the delicious meal you cooked.
Highly recommended experience!
CHECK OUT SOME PICS…
Know before you go
Duration: 4h 30m
• Use of restaurant kitchen during the cooking class
• Tour of Central Market and surroundings with Andres the owner
• Apron for cooking
• Local Fruit Juice
• Chefs Hat
• Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Urban Quito
•Pick-up at the airport or close to the airport ($40 roundtrip)
• Extra food and drinks not mentioned on itinerary
• Tips for the chef/guide
$85 USD p.p.
Fully Refundable up to 48 hours prior to the tour.
Meeting Point Details
Location: Andres will meet you at your hotel in urban Quito.
If you are staying in the Historic Center, Andres the owner will drop by your hotel and escort you to the starting point which is the entrance to the Central Market. If your hotel is outside the Historic Center in urban Quito, Andres will pick you up.
Travel safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
– Regular temperature checks for staff
-Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
-Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival