First-Class Galapagos Sailboat
The First-Class Galapagos Sailboat Mary Anne is the perfect ship for those who love to sail. She has 1,000 m2 of canvas sails with which she majestically takes to the waves.
This precious 3-masted barquentine, (the only one of its kind in the islands), can accommodate up to 16 guests in her 12 cabins.
A true Nautical Experience…
“Navigating under full sail on a large ship is probably the best of nautical experiences.” Being an imposing 3-masted schooner, you can bet the Mary Anne’s sails are not only for show. The S/S Mary Anne hoist its sails on every itinerary and because of its size and structure is the only ship in the Galapagos Archipelago that can navigate by wind power alone. Be part of this unique nautical experience on any of our itineraries. Our crew will gladly welcome your help when the moment arrives and the captain yells, “Hoist the sails!”
Friendly staff and top guides
A friendly and highly professional crew of eight will attend you while onboard: captain, helmsman, steward, cook, engineer, and your certified bilingual naturalist guide. The guide will accompany you to all visiting sites within the National Park, providing a wealth of knowledge about the geological and human history of the Islands, and of course about every aspect of their intriguing flora and fauna.
Mary Anne video and a bit of history
What does a Galapagos experience onboard the MaryAnne entail?
- Great service onboard and a friendly knowledgeable staff
- Tasty local and international food
- Handpicked guides
- Exclusive week-long itineraries with isolated destinations
- 6 Single cabins to choose from
- The best First-class Galapagos sailboat experience
Perfect for Galapagos Solo travellers
Mary Anne is perfect for Galapagos solo travellers who are looking for a single cabin accommodation without having to pay a single supplement. Mary Anne has space to accommodate 24 guests but only carries the maximum of 16 guests onboard. This allows for access to 6 single cabins. On top of this Mary Anne has great last-minute Galapagos cruise deals when they dont manage to fill out the boat a month prior to departure.
Truly an option worth visiting if you would like to take advantage of last-minute deals onboard the beautiful vintage Mary Anne sailboat.
When you travel aboard the Mary Anne you will enjoy:
- A vintage sailboat feeling while cruising the Galapagos Islands
- Comfortable cabins with a private bathroom and A/C
- Storage space
- Bedside drawers with charging ports
- 6 single cabins with no single surcharge
Mary Anne itineraries explained
The Mary Anne features two 8-day itineraries, visiting the Western and Eastern Islands. The fact that they offer week-long itineraries only means a more intimate and hassle-free experience in the Galapagos. You will not have to wait for groups to embark or disembark during your fantastic week in the Galapagos.
Regarding which itinerary is a better option, it’s really a hard decision here. Both itineraries visit the highlights of the Galapagos. Both are well-rounded and will provide a fantastic experience in the Enchanted Islands.
Mary Anne Itineraries
Mary Anne, rates, inclusions, exclusions, important info and specs
Mary Anne 2020 Rates
- Programmed visits to the islands with a certified English-speaking naturalist guide.
- Onboard accommodations
- Snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, and fins).
- All meals onboard; unlimited coffee, tea, water, and natural juices.
- Private transport and ferry for all Galapagos transfers.
Rates do not include:
- $100 (Subject to change) Galapagos National Park entrance fee
- $20 Transit Control Card
- Alcoholic and bottled beverages onboard
- Crew and guide tips.
- Wetsuit rental fee.
- Air Tickets
- Transfer to and from the airport in mainland Ecuador.
- Rates per person based on double occupancy
- The seasonal rates apply according to the cruise start date
- No single supplement subject to availability
- Children under 12 have a 25% discount
- A fuel surcharge may apply in case of a drastic increase in Ecuador’s fuel price
- Christmas and New Year holidays (from December 16th to January 3rd) have an additional 10% surcharge of the published rate
Mary Anne Highlights
Vintage sailboat feeling
- Onboard the Mary Anne you will enjoy a vintage sailboat feeling while cruising the Galapagos Islands. Reminisce on yesteryear pirates and Charles Darwin´s voyage as you cruise the archipelago aboard the Mary Anne sailboat.
Comfortable Social Areas
All guest accommodations are located on the cabin deck. The main deck is complete with the dining room, kitchen, library and entertainment center.
On the sun deck you will find open-air seating, kayaks, storage, the bridge and plenty of space for taking in the beautiful sights.
The vessel features a wood-paneled, comfortable lounge area with a cozy bar and ample sun decks as well as deck seating. The nine crew members and naturalist guides are on board assure you a high-end experience.
Tasty meals onboard the Mary Anne
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served on board. Meals blend Ecuadorian and continental cuisine and are served on deck or in the saloon. Coffee and tea are available on deck, cold drinks including beer and a selection of wine and cocktails you may purchase from a well-stocked bar. Refreshing snacks, especially at teatime, round out your daily menu.