First-Class Diving/Naturalist Cruise in the Galapagos
The Calipso is the perfect choice for a First-class Galapagos cruise. It provides the best of both worlds – diving and naturalist itineraries available.
The Calipso was built back in the 1990s but was reimagined and refurbished to become a Diving/Naturalist cruise ship in the Galapagos Islands. It alters between diving itineraries and naturalist itineraries. During the naturalist itinerary, you have a choice of 4, 5, and 8-day itineraries.
The Calipso boasts a spacious lounge, dining area, fantastic new dive deck, sundeck with a Jacuzzi, and 10 comfortable cabins to accommodate up to 16 passengers.
Regarding diving, the Calipso offers a week-long itinerary that takes you to the best diving sites including; Darwin and Wolf islands – the most sought after islands for diving in the Galapagos Islands.
If you are considering a diving cruise to the Galapagos Islands I would definitely recommend the Calypso yacht. It´s operated by a very professional company and will provide everything you need for a magnificent diving experience. Furthermore, if you are considering visiting the Galapagos Islands but do not fancy diving, you can consider a Naturalist itinerary aboard the Calypso. You can choose between 4,5, and 8-day itineraries with a bilingual naturalist guide and awesome visits. Moreover, if you don’t have too much time to spend in the Galapagos I would recommend the 5-day Naturalist itinerary of the Calipso which visits the most sought after islands in the Galapagos Islands – Isabela and Fernandina.
What does a first-class Galapagos diving cruise entail?
- First-Class service
- Gourmet local and international food
- Top guides
- Iconic diving sites: Darwin and Wolf islands
- A more budget-friendly option for a diving adventure in the Galapagos Islands.
Perfect for divers that don´t want to break the bank
Onboard the Calipso Diving Galapagos yacht, you will be able to visit and dive at the most iconic diving sites in the archipelago. You will visit Darwin and Wolf which are only accessible onboard a liveaboard yacht. Normally, diving yachts are incredibly expensive and considered luxury-class yachts. The Calipso visits the same diving sites like the aforementioned but won’t break the bank. You can enjoy one of the best and most sought after dive sites in the world and still get great service and logistics.
Get ready to experience the underwater magic of the Galapagos Islands aboard the wonderful First-Class Calipso yacht!
Accommodation aboard Calipso
Calipso has 6 upper deck cabins and 2 main deck cabins. All double cabins are convertible twin/king. Two single cabins are located on the lower deck. Calipso cabins are fresh and modern with ensuite bathrooms. Each cabin has individual climate control, TV, hairdryer, 2 USB plugs, and a storage area.
- Main Deck: 2 Cabins (Twin beds) 140 ft², dining room, bar, social area
- Upper Deck: 2 Cabins (Twin beds) 120 ft², 4 Cabins (Twin beds) 130 ft²
- Sun Deck: Jacuzzi, al fresco dining and social area
- Lower Deck: 2 Cabins 120 ft²
Onboard the Calipso First Class Yacht you will enjoy:
- Spacious double/single cabins
- Private bathroom facilities
- Spacious closets
- En suite remote-controlled air conditioner
- Bedside drawers with charging ports
- 4 Day Naturalist Itinerary
- 5 Day Naturalist Itinerary
- 8 Day Naturalist Itinerary
- 8 Day DIVING itinerary
Calipso, rates, inclusions, exclusions, important info and specs
Calipso Naturalist Cruise Rates 2020
- All meals throughout cruise
- Transfers in the islands
- All excursions
- Bilingual National Park Guide
- Use of snorkeling equipment and wetsuit
Rates do not include:
- Ecuador-Galapagos-Ecuador airfare
- Alcoholic drinks
- US$ 100 Galapagos National Park fee
- US$ 20 Transit Control Card
- Travel / medical insurance
- Personal Expenses
- 10% discount for groups of 6-14 pax
- 20% discount for children under 12 years old
- 30% Christmas and New Year supplement
- 50% Single supplement
- All prices in USD
Social Areas aboard the Calipso
The dining room and Alfresco dining:
- Onboard the Calipso, you will enjoy local and international gourmet meals prepared by a professional chef. You will have a chance to enjoy your meals outside (alfresco) or indoors in the luxurious dining room.
- Take a load off in the spacious lounge area on the main deck. The lounge features beautiful decor. It’s also a great place to get a drink from the bar and where you will get your daily briefing sessions.
- Chillax on the spacious sundeck, which includes; an Al-Fresco dining option, and a jacuzzi.