Why is this a cool tour?
Experience the Famous Foods of Historic Quito on this tasty fun-filled tour!
Go along with a savvy local bilingual guide to popular Quiteño eateries, markets, cafes, plazas and artisanal shops to sample diverse foods that define Quito’s culinary landscape.
We will stop at several locations tasting classic bites such as quesadillas, mote, empanadas, Ceviche, canelazo, and Ecuadorian chocolate and coffee. Along the way, meet locals and learn about Quito’s rich culinary history.
– Historic Quito Food Tour
– Sample the best Quiteño cuisine inclusing quesadillas, mote, ceviche and seco de chivo
– Learn about the diverse culinary history of Quito’s rich cuisine.
– Explore the Quito culinary landscape along with a local in-the-know guide
Trip Itinerary – we start the tour at 11 am
Highly recommended experience!
CHECK OUT SOME PICS…
Know before you go
Meeting & pickup:
We pick up all travelers in Urban Quito.
Pickup starts: 5 minutes before departure
Additional pickup details
We pick up from any hotel located in urban Quito. For pick-up at a hotel close to the
airport we charge an extra $35 USD per way.
Duration: 4h 30m
TEN FAMOUS FOOD TASTING IN QUITO
• All tasting and snacks mentioned on the itinerary will be included. Quesadilla, Local fruits, Mote, etc.
• We will stop for lunch in the Historic Center. You will have an option between a Ceviche or Seco de Chivo (goat stew) with a side of Empanadas de Morocho
(OPTIONAL) at the end of the tour, we will walk to La Ronda Street to taste the best Canelazo (local cocktail served hot) served and prepared in a clay jug
At lunchtime, you will try Ecuador’s tasty local soda – Orangine, which is blackberry flavor and so delicious
Coffee and/or Tea
After the chocolate tasting at San Francisco Church, we will head to Cafe Bolivar for the best cup of coffee in Old Town Quito
After lunch, we will explore Old Town and head to San Francisco Church Plaza for a Premium Chocolate Tasting with the best views of Old Town and San Francisco Church.
•Pick-up at the airport or close to the airport ($35 each way)
• Extra food and drinks not mentioned on itinerary
• Tips for the guide
$95 USD p.p.
Fully Refundable up to 48 hours prior to the tour.
Meeting Point Details
Location: Andres will meet you at your hotel in urban Quito.
- If your Hotel is close to the airport I can send you a location pin for the meeting point or arrange for transportation to Old Town and back for $35 per way.