Experience the best guides in the Galapagos Islands
The M/S Samba is truly one of the most sought after cruise boats because it boasts having the best guides in the Galapagos Islands. It is usually booked solid a year in advance. The reason for this is its exceptional itineraries and guides. You will usually cruise the islands with the owner of the boat as your guide. He is very experienced and treats his guests just like an owner should.
The M/S Samba is a Dutch-built motor sailor. Equipped with teak decks it was built in 1966 as a luxury private yacht, the Samba is now a perfectly re-imagined cruise boat specialized for Galapagos Islands vacations.
What does a Galapagos experience onboard the Samba entail?
- Great service onboard and a friendly knowledgeable staff
- Tasty local and international food
- Handpicked guides
- Exclusive itineraries with isolated destinations
- Lower deck cabins with portholes
- Locally owned, environmentally friendly and socially responsible operation
- Lower Deck: 6 DBL cabins with portholes and bunk beds
- Upper Deck: 1 DBL cabin with big windows and lower bed
Perfect for Galapagos Adventurers
Samba is perfect for Galapagos adventurers who are looking for the best guides and itineraries in the Galapagos Islands.
When you travel aboard the Samba you will enjoy:
- A vintage sailboat feeling while cruising the Galapagos Islands
- Comfortable cabins with a private bathroom and A/C
- Storage space
- Bedside drawers with charging ports
Samba itineraries explained
Onboard the Samba sailboat you have a choice of two 8-day itineraries. These itineraries cannot be split like most Galapagos cruises often do, this makes your Galapagos experience much more private and intimate. You won’t have to make stops during your week-long cruise to pick up more passengers, losing precious time in the Galapagos Islands.
On the 8 day – Southeastern Itinerary you will visit the iconic islands of Floreana and Española in style and get to catch a glimpse and a perfect pic of Pinnacle Rock the renowned Galapagos sight featured in movies such as Master and Commander. A great itinerary on a great boat!
The 8 day – Northwestern Itinerary is the cream of the crop. It visits 4 of the 5 top 5 islands in the Galapagos, which include; Isabela, Fernandina, Genovesa, and Floreana Islands! This is one of the best itineraries you will find in the Galapagos. And with the guidance of the yacht’s owner, you are in for an unforgettable experience!
Come aboard the Samba, and experience the fun and adventure the Galapagos Islands have to offer!
PRISTINE AND BORN OF FIRE: NORTH AND WEST
OCEANIC FORCES AND ENCHANTED LAND: SOUTH, EAST & CENTRAL ITINERARY
Samba, rates, inclusions, exclusions, important info and specs
Samba 2020 Rates
- All meals and activities throughout the cruise
- Bilingual national park guide
- Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, and fins)
- Fuel surcharge
Rates do not include:
- $100 (Subject to change) Galapagos National Park entrance fee
- Galapagos Transit Control Card ($20)
- Airfare from mainland Ecuador
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages consumed onboard
- Cancellation/medical insurance
- All prices per person in US dollars.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- 10% Surcharge for Christmas and New Year departures
Vintage sailboat feeling
- Onboard the Samba you will enjoy a vintage sailboat feeling while cruising the Galapagos Islands. Reminisce on yesteryear pirates and sailboats as you cruise the archipelago aboard the Samba sailboat.
Expect the best guides in the Galapagos Islands
- Onboard the Samba you will have the best guides. More often than not, the Samba´s owner will be your guide. He has years of experience living on the islands and being a certified Galapagos guide.
Comfortable Social Areas
- The upper deck boasts an alfresco dining area and covered terrace ideal for bird and marine life watching. The main deck has an outdoor social area for reading and relaxing, inside you will find a dining salon with a lounge area. Briefings for the next day´s itinerary will be held in the lounge. The foredeck has space for sunbathing, dolphin watching or just relaxing and observing marine life and the beautiful Galapagos sights. The ample and comfortable space on deck makes this boat ideal for nature and photography enthusiasts.