Best Galapagos 6-day Cruise
The Cachalote Explorer is a great option for your Galapagos trip because it boasts the best Galapagos 6-day cruise itineraries. If you want to experience the sought after Western Islands of Isabela and Fernandina but don’t or can’t spend a week in the Galapagos you can opt for a 6-day itinerary that will take you to all the highlights in the Western Islands.
Explore the Galapagos in style and safety
We are thrilled to announce the recently re-imagined – Cachalote Explorer!
This charming and comfortable First-Class yacht was built for the rough waters of the Canadian West Coast, so it will provide a stable, smooth, and relaxing ride while on your beautiful Galapagos small ship tour.
Friendly staff and top guides
A friendly and highly professional crew of 9; Captain, multilingual naturalist guide, cook, engineers, barman, and 4 sailors will attend you while onboard. The guide will accompany you to all visiting sites within the National Park, providing a wealth of knowledge about the geological and human history of the Islands, and of course about every aspect of their intriguing flora and fauna.
What does a Galapagos experience onboard the Cachalote entail?
- Great service onboard and a friendly knowledgeable staff
- Tasty local and international food
- Great guides
- Exclusive itineraries with isolated destinations
- Lower deck cabins with portholes
- Upper deck cabins with big windows
- The best Galapagos 6-day cruise itineraries
8 cabins each with a private bath. Hot and cold water showers. Combination of a queen, double and twin-sized mattresses.
Cabin Distribution and bed arrangements:
- Upper deck:
- 1 lower queen / upper single / lower single
- 1 lower double/upper single
- Lower deck:
- 3 lower double/upper single
- 2 queen bed cabins
- 1 lower single / upper single
Perfect for Galapagos Adventurers
Cachalote Explorer is perfect for Galapagos adventurers who are looking for the best guides and itineraries in the Galapagos Islands.
When you travel aboard the Cachalote you will enjoy:
- Comfortable cabins with a private bathroom and A/C
- Storage space
- Bedside drawers with charging ports
- A chance to share a cabin with a fellow traveler of the same gender with no additional surcharge
- Kayaks on board!
Cachalote itineraries explained
The M/Y Cachalote Explorer offers the options of 6 day and 8-day itineraries that visit hand-picked sites in the National Park; each of these is unique, rich and varied and offers the opportunity to experience the Galapagos up close and personal with a small group led by a highly experienced naturalist guide.
The itineraries can be combined to form a 15-day itinerary that we highly recommend for those travelers that would like to have a complete, in-depth experience of the Galapagos Islands.
If you have a week to explore the Galapagos I would recommend opting for the fantastic 8 day Tower Itinerary which will have you visit 3 of the top 5 islands in the Galapagos; Española, Floreana and the always sought after Genovesa Island (aka bird island). If you don’t have a week to spare you can choose the best Galapagos 6 day cruise on the Isabela Itinerary which includes the iconic Western Islands where you will be able to spot a plethora of wildlife and have an unforgettable experience in the Galapagos.
Feel like a whale in the water aboard the re-imagined Cachalote Explorer!
Cachalote Explorer, rates, inclusions, exclusions, important info and specs
- All meals and activities throughout the cruise
- Bilingual national park guide
- Soft beverages (water, coffee, and tea)
- Fuel surcharge
- Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel and fins)
Rates do not include:
- $100 (Subject to change) Galapagos National Park entrance fee
- $20 Transit Control Card
- Airfare from mainland Ecuador
- Alcoholic beverages consumed onboard
- Cancellation/medical insurance
- Use of wetsuit
- Discounts: 25% discount over gross rate for children under twelve years old (one child per adult). This discount is not applicable over Christmas and New Years' departures.
- New Year and Christmas departures: 6- day cruises departures not available during high season.
- Single supplement: 50% increase for a cabin to yourself
- Surcharges: A surcharge of US$200 NET per person is applicable during Christmas and New Year´s
- Flight costs (not included in Galapagos cruise costs): Contact Galapagos Connoisseur for current rates for flights from Quito or Guayaquil to the Galapagos Islands.
- Cachalote Explorer is scheduled to operate in connection with AVIANCA airlines.
Stable Galapagos cruising
- Onboard the Cachalote Explorer you will experience stability. The boat was built for the rough water of the Canadian coast and can easily handle the Galapagos seas.
Comfortable Social Areas
You will feel the sensation of space aboard the Cachalote for kicking back and relaxing between your unforgettable visits on land. The lounge is quite inviting and offers a small library of Galapagos literature and a selection of games and easy access to the bar.
All around the wide decks, comfortable seating allows you to choose sunshine or shade for lounging and observation.
Tasty meals onboard the Cachalote Explorer
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served on board the Cachalote Explorer. Meals blend Ecuadorian and continental cuisine and are served in the dining room. Coffee and tea are available on deck, cold drinks including beer and a selection of wine and cocktails you may purchase from a well-stocked bar. Refreshing snacks and fruit juice is also available when you return from your island visits.